» Dr Judith Pallot
Dr Judith Pallot
BA , MA (Oxon) Ph.D
Role or Position
Official Student in Geography and University Lecturer in the Geography of Russia
I completed my first degree at the University of Leeds and moved to University College London for my doctorate. Much of my postgraduate career was spent as an academic exchange student at Moscow University. After finsihing my PhD I returned to Leeds as a lectuerer in the geography and Russian deaprtments and came to Christ Church as the first woman Official Student in 1979.
Human Geography core papers and the Geography of post-Soviet Russia and Eastern Europe.
Agrarian transformation in post-Soviet Russia and the Geography of Penality in Russia
Books on Russian agriculture
* with T. Nefedova (2007) /Russia's unknown Agriculture: Household production in the post-Soviet countryside
* (1999) /Land Reform in Russia, 1906-1917: Peasant Responses to Stolypin's Project of Rural Transformation/. Oxford University Press.
* (ed.) (1998) /Transforming Peasants: Society, State and the peasantry, 1861-1930/. Macmillan.
* **with Shaw, D.J.B. (1990) Landscape and Settlement in Romanov Russia. Oxford University Press.
Articles on penal geography
* ** (2007) 'Gde muzh, tam zhena' ('Where the husband is, so is the wife'): Space and gender in post-Soviet patterns of penality. Environment and Planning, A, 39.
* ** (2005) Russia's penal peripheries; Spaceå, Place and Penalty in Soviet and post-Soviet Russia, TIBG, 30: 98-112.
Travelling in Russia and horseriding
Updated: Tuesday 25th October 2011 10:53