» Christ Church Recycling Scheme
Christ Church Recycling Scheme
Christ Church recognises the need to recycle as much waste as possible. The following guidelines apply to the recycling scheme:
1. Each room and office has two waste bins. A grey or black waste bin for general land fill waste and a green or blue bin for co-mingled recycling. Waste bins are emptied by the scout every day of the week, excluding Sunday. They should not be left outside room doors or in the corridor as they present a safety and fire hazard.
Items to be placed in the co-mingled recycling bins:
Newspapers and magazines
Paper (white and coloured)
Envelopes (including window envelopes)
Brochures and catalogues
Books (including directories e.g. yellow pages)
Metal drinks cans
Plastic (bottles, cling film, sandwich packaging)
Tetra Pak cartons
2. Glass bottles should be left by the side of the green co-mingled recycling bin and will be removed daily by the scout.
3. A small battery recycling container is positioned near the entrance door to all staircases. These containers will be emptied periodically by the scout and will be delivered to the Porters Lodge at Tom Gate for collection.
4. Junior Members and staff members should not attempt to replace light bulbs. These will be replaced by the appropriate member of staff and will be recycled in accordance with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) regulations.
5. If the co-mingled recycling bin is contaminated by landfill waste, the entire contents of the bin will go to landfill. It is not the duty of the scout to sort any recycled or landfill waste.
Updated: Monday 17th March 2014 15:26