Timing your visit
Christ Church becomes very busy during July and August, particularly at weekends. Please allow extra time during these periods, where queues will form at our Visitor entrance, Meadow Gate, and into the Hall.
Safety and Security
- A one-way system is in operation. Our Visitor entrance is Meadow Gate and the exit is at Canterbury Gate. Please follow the visitor route.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted.
- Please take care. Steps and paving may be uneven. Surfaces may be slippery, especially when wet.
- Private areas are clearly marked and should not be entered. Please do not enter any staircases or college rooms.
- Please do not gather so as to obstruct paths or passages, particularly in the Hall.
- Please do not sit on the steps or paving stones. There are seats in the Cloister, Cathedral and Ante-Hall.
- Please avoid leaving litter.
- Picnicking within the college is not permitted.
- Dogs (except assistance dogs) and other animals are not permitted inside Christ Church.
- Please keep personal belongings, including buggies and pushchairs, with you at all times.
Closed circuit television surveillance is in operation. Images are being recorded for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety. Please contact 01865 276151 for further information about the scheme which is controlled by Christ Church.
Christ Church does not have any left luggage facilities. Facilities are available at Oxford’s Visitor Information Centre on Broad Street. Suitcases and luggage may not be brought on site. Random bag checks are in operation.
Photography and Filming
Photography is permitted, without tripods, provided this is for personal, non-commercial use. All requests for commercial photography and filming should be submitted to the Treasury (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: 01865 276179) seven working days in advance.