Group multimedia guide visits - 12 people +
Multimedia guides are included in the price of admission and are required to visit Christ Church.
We reserve the right to change terms and conditions and bookings at anytime. The ticket price is subject to revision without notice.
Prices are inclusive of VAT.
Prices from 8 January 2024
|Child (5–17 yrs)
must be accompanied by adults (18+) at the specified ratios
Children under 5yrs are free of charge (multimedia guide not include) but must be included in the group numbers and accompanied by adults at the specified ratio.
Carers tickets are free of charge but must be included in the group numbers (multimedia guide not included).
*Off Peak = 8 Jan - 29 Feb & 1 Nov - 24 Dec 2024
*Peak = 1 Mar - 31 Oct & 26 Dec 2024 - 5 Jan 2025
How to make a group booking
- REQUEST. Complete our online booking request form at least 3 days in advance of your requested visit date. Any requests made with less notice will be considered subject to availability. If a group arrives at Christ Church and no booking has been made they will be refused entry.
- CONFIRM OR ADVISE. If we can accommodate your group, a reservation will be made for them in line with our terms and conditions. Account Customers will be sent an e-ticket from our booking system, to confirm the date, numbers and entry time/s of their visit. Non-account customers will be sent an email confirming the reservation and a link to make payment for their visit. If we cannot accommodate your group on the requested date/time you will be advised of this.
- SECURE YOUR BOOKING. Non-account customers must make payment for their visit on or before the date advised in the confirmation email to secure their booking. If payment is not received, the reservation will be cancelled.
- Large groups will be split into smaller groups and entry will be staggered.
- In line with our Safeguarding Policy we require a ratio of at least one adult to ten children under 18 when visiting Christ Church.
- The supervising adult must remain with the children throughout the visit. Children should not be left alone at any time whilst in the Visitor Centre, College, Cathedral or Meadow.
For general group enquiries only please call 01865 286883.
Note: we do not take bookings or make alterations to current bookings over the phone.
Please see below for information on how to amend or cancel a booking.
Booking alterations and cancellations
You can cancel your booking up to seven days prior to your visit. Cancellations and amendment requests should be made in writing, by emailing email@example.com. We will only be able to alter the date, time or numbers if we have the availability. We are not able to accept booking alterations over the phone. An administrative charge may apply to amendments made to your booking.
If you wish to increase the number of tickets, then please contact our Groups Co-ordinator as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org We will do our best to add additional tickets to your order, should our capacities allow. However, please be aware that we cannot guarantee that additional tickets will be available. Please be aware that we will not be able to add tickets onto your order upon arrival at Christ Church.
Our state-of-the-art multimedia guides are included in the price of admission and are required to visit Christ Church.
Adult Multimedia Guide Tour (age 12+)
Available in 12 languages:
- High-resolution touch screens filled with interactive content
- Behind-the-scenes videos of areas not open to the public
- Interviews with staff, students, and academics
- Archive material illustrating over 1,000 years of history
- Digital 3D model of Christ Church showing its architectural development over the centuries
Family multimedia guide
- An Alice in Wonderland-themed adventure for all the family
- Fun activities and interactive games
- Available in English
British Sign Language multimedia guide
- All the content from our multimedia guide, overlaid with footage of BSL interpreters
- Additional captions in English
The multimedia guide acts as groups passes to the Christ Church site, and must be worn around their necks at all times for security purposes. The multimedia guide will have been cleaned before collection but wipes will also be available if they wish to clean the devices themselves before use. Headphones are available and will also have followed the same cleaning process. However, we recommend visitors use their own wired headphones (standard jack) with the multimedia guide. Multimedia guides must be returned at the end of the visit.
Guiding at Christ Church
Guiding in the College and Cathedral has been suspended until further notice.
The guide/group leader is very welcome to accompany the group into the College, but they must not guide and need to be included in the total number of people booked. This includes Blue and Green Badge Guides. The standard ticket price applies to their tickets, free entry has been suspended while we continue to carefully monitor the number of people on site.
Please ensure enough time has been given for the group to travel here for their visit. If they arrive outside their allocated arrival time slot, we cannot guarantee entry, especially during busy times or when fully booked. It can take c. 30–40 minutes to walk a group from the City Council’s designated coach drop off points, to Christ Church Meadow where our Visitor Centre and entrance are located.
Please advise us at the time of booking if any of your party require have accessibility needs.
Large backpacks, handbags or other items more than 40cm x 30cm x 20cm (H x W x D) are not allowed anywhere in Christ Church. If you have an item larger than this please ensure you leave it on the coach or you can store it at one of the many luggage storage facilities in Oxford City Centre.